January 3, 2011

...AND NOW, A SENTIMENTAL POST...

January 3, 2011

Pardon the indulgence: Back in 2004, I was content to entertain the four walls of my music room in a little bungalow in Redford, MI. Figuring it was time to try and sing for actual humans, I went out on a limb and auditioned for my one and only house gig at the Diamondback Saloon. The cotton clogging my mouth didn't allow for quite the performance I was hoping for. As cover tunes were a requirement, I probably sang something super cool like "Mi Vida Loca" by Pam Tillis or Lorrie Morgan's "What Part of No Don't You Understand?". Well, despite myself, I got the gig and subsequent responsibility of learning the 150+ cover tunes the boss required. I immediately made my way to the public library to use the internet (yes, the library) and cram my already overwhelmed brain with every note and lyric I could find. Lucky for me I found Cowboylyrics.com. It soon became my Cliff's Notes, study sheet, and cover-tune Bible all at once. I never would've made it through those first few months without it. Now, as 2011 is upon us, imagine my sweet surprise to find out my very own songs and lyrics have made their way to Cowboylyrics.com! The last few months have been full of so many milestones and achievements...this little website is just another full-circle moment I've been waiting for!

Thank you all... I couldn't do it without you! Keep requesting Walk of Shame to radio stations, websites...wherever you can!!!! We now return you to our regularly scheduled rip-roarin', honky-tonkin', good timin' website.