June 28, 2011

Here's the 'Rap'...

I just read the most insightful, logical piece of musical blog-riture to cross my eyes in many moons. 'Saving Country Music' may seem a little fundamentalist-churchy in its reticence to accept the newer 'country' being thrust upon us in recent years, but it also happens to be the hammer to the proverbial nail-head of the current state of country music. Me, I don't mind a rock beat here and there. Nor do I cringe at the pseudo-talent of the ready-to-bake talent show fluff dominating the country charts...much. However, country-rap (aka 'c.rap') happens to create an unpleasant gurgling sensation in my digestive region best remedied by articles from others sharing my same gag-reflex. Read it here.


...and if you're in the mood for an uplifting chaser, how about 'Pretty Please' snagging a 'Spotlight Track' on All Access this week?! Positioned just under Shania and right above Brad Paisley is a warm and fuzzy place to be...smack dab in the middle of a Twain-sley sammich...I like it here.